Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Purple cabbage - what not to make?

Hi All -

I have officially hit a new low in experimentation. I went grocery shopping and got seduced by these bright-purple tight-bound cabbages. One part of me says "Wait, let's display some patience,  get a recipe and honorably buy this next time" - other part of me like a haughty wife refuses to listen and buys it never the less. And then for the rest of the week, I adoringly pride myself on my purchase - watch it with admiration every time I open the fridge to find something to eat but not select it for consumption as if it is a forbidden fruit. It is an asset no doubt - but it's use still evades me!

A week goes by..10 days gone..now my admiration is slowly turning into despair worrying that it's fate is not like some of the other less fortunate veggies in my pantry. This stunning beauty's destiny is also the black hole of my garbage can (literally, my garbage can is black - talk about disclosing too much detail in the current age of Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Foursquare..every day a new social networking tool is enticing you to become "more" connected)! I have to eat it..but how?

A braveheart experience occurs - chop it into long slices with some red onions similarly sliced and lemon juice and a dollop of cheese-spinach dip (leftover from hubby's dinner of one night!) - well, not bad! BUUUUTTTTT, I will not eat it unless I am really hungry..since I had come back from gymn and regular dinner was still being cooked, I finished off half of this! The remaining half continued to languish in the cold frigid temperatures..am sure my fridge was gloating at that point "you thought you could get away, is it? Look who's back!" ;)

My nightmare - still three quarters of the purple cabbage remains! Time to resort to my base Indian cooking skills and see if I can still salvage my appetite for purple cabbage. So come Sunday evening and time to make dinner plans for the week, I go ahead and chop off the purple cabbage into tiny pieces and make a Indian-style cabbage curry with them! Since I was not hungry (or as I often am when there is nothing interesting enough to whet my appetite!), I had to put off "cherishing" it till Monday evening. Trust me, the suspense was killing me aside from the fact Monday blues with cloudy weather outside was not helping. Well, how did it turn out after all? Go ahead and ask that - if you have read through my entire monologue so far, may as well play along with me, eh? ;)

<< Rukawat ke liye khed hai..We will be right back >>

More in next post including a pic .. you better be back for that else ..
...
...
...
Else what? There will be one less reader for that post! :p Have a great day and thanks for enduring through this timepass post! You really did not have anything better to do, did you? :)

2 comments:

Home Cooked Oriya Food said...

haha! nice read! Suspense thrillers ra effect I guess!
Waiting with baited breath for the next post - of course...

Pragyan said...

Thanks, Somoo - it looks horrendous, can't even get myself to take a pic of the same. Time to think of an innovative way to dress it up! ;)