Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Marbled Choco-Vanilla Bundt Cake by my darlings Shriya and Vindhya


My dear friend aka sister Poonki's 6 year old twins Shriya and Vindhya love cooking. So instead of saying "even 6 year olds can make it!", I need to say "6 year olds made this!".

They are both such a divine bunch of energy - any day I am feeling down, just talking to them for 5 mins gets me going! Thank you, girls, for all the love and affection. And for this recipe - everyone, please encourage them. I have a feeling they will soon have their own blog  (which I think they should start .. like yesterday!) - all my blessings and love for the little angels. Enjoy the video when we have them uploaded (both their mom and aunt are debating the best medium for it still!) - they truly sound like professional chefs! :)

Here is the video link (Update on 09/01/2014)

Ingredients
Set 1

1/2 tsp instant coffee powder
1/4 cup cocoa powder
11/2 tbs sugar
1/4 cup hot water

Set 2

1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs

Set 3
1 cup maida
1tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt

Instructions

1) Lay out the ingredients.


2) Mix ingredients in set 1. Set aside the cocoa mixture
3) In a bowl , add butter, sugar and vanilla extract in set 2 .
4) Beat with a mixer for 10 min
5) Add eggs and beat for 2 min
6) Add set 3 ingredients
7) Add cocoa mixture to half the batter


8) Pour both the batter alternately in a cake tin and bake for upto 40 min at 170 C
9) Take out and eat!!


6 comments:

Amila said...

this is great.Both kids are truly talented.Looks so delicious and a spongy cake

Push said...

Awesome going. Can't wait to see the video. Looks yummmmm

Push said...

That is Pushkala btw

Vrinda said...

Yummmm....I want some! Neat recipe. Looking forward to the video.
Vrinda.

Vidhya Ganesh said...

Cake looks yummy yummy. .awesome video as well..Good going little chefs...My daughter Akshara who is also 6 yrs old just can't wait to try out this recipe :)

Sharmila said...

I was away from blogging for a while. Great to be here again and see all your posts. Great going Pragyan. :-)